Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What & Why Magazine: Cosmopolitan


Magazine Name: Cosmopolitan
Publisher: Hearst
Type of Magazine: Trade
Subscription: No

Q & A:

The first time I read a “Cosmo” magazine was riding in one of my ex-boyfriend’s cars…kind of strange right? A guy who reads Cosmo? That’s exactly what I was thinking but then I started reading it and realized that guys could receive tips from this magazine and be interested in this magazine as well. Cosmo is not just for women even though very few men read it. Cosmo is a trade magazine because it focuses on one main group, young women. Cosmo does articles on what would attract young women to read this magazine for example: sex, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, date rape, relationships, staying healthy and fit, and love. Cosmo ads are directed towards women as well. These ads include things such as feminine products, hair products, lotions, perfumes, make-up products, and clothing (what’s hot and what’s not). I am most definitely a target of Cosmo magazine. I am a young woman that is interested in many of the articles and loves to shop and spend money. Headlines such as: “The Trick to Meeting Guys”, “The Best Places to Meet a Guy”, “Have Fun with Him for Free”, “Lust Worthy Hair for Less”, “Skin Care Myths”, “Red Carpet Fashion”, and “Love it or Leave it” catch my eye and make me want to read these articles. Usually gorgeous famous women are pictured on the cover of Cosmo in order to sell more copies to young women like me because what woman wouldn’t want to look like someone gorgeous and famous? I would definitely recommend Cosmo magazine not only to young women but also to young men who are also interested in “what women want”!

No comments: