1) What is your first name and where are you from?
My first name is Gorica and I am from Serbia, south-eastern part of Europe.
2) How is the media (news, television shows, radio, movies, music, etc.) different in your country than here in the US?
The media differs but not a lot. We have news, sports channels, movies, music (both Serbian and foreign), but there are no gay people shows such as in the US.
3) What’s the first thing you noticed about American media?
The first thing I noticed is a lot of reality shows, too much for me. Who even watches them?
4) Do you think Americans take the freedom of the press for granted?
Freedom of the press is about the same as in Serbia. We also have magazines with hot celebrities!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Some reality tv shows get on my nerves but some are ok as well.
i thought it was pretty funny how they referred to them as gay people shows. When we flip on the t.v. things like that don't even faze us.
Just like my international student, he said that there is a lot of reality TV here and I completely agree! What happened to acting anymore?!
I guess reality shows are fun for Americans because we feel like we can relate to those people; like they are no different than your average Joe. Still, there's way too many.
Post a Comment