Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Intellectual Property Rights
Out of the three main categories of Protection of Rights in Media Law I choose Intellectual Property Rights. I found it interesting how every country but China signed this copyright agreement. I also found it interesting in how Blockbuster is able to function. Although I believe in copyright laws, I still use Limewire to download new music without purchasing the songs. I did however find it a little ridiculous how major brand names such as Xerox would get upset with the community using their name as a verb because they have a copyright law for it. But on the other hand I could see how Playboy Bunny would get upset with the little stickers that people can put on their bodies when tanning and eventually after they start to get darker, have the playboy bunny on their body even though it is copyrighted. For the most part I agree with the copyright laws in Intellectual Property Rights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment